Skip to main content

LET THE SPARKLE SHINE (Episode 51)

 

LET THE SPARKLE SHINE (51)

PodBean Link for those who like to listen

This morning the air feels fresh and cool. I hunt for a hint of scent, but am instead drawn to the moon screen-printed in milky white on blue sky. As I enjoy the pull of the moon and remember it has been elusive under cloud recently I can still detect no particular hint of herb or grass or leaf. It makes me wonder where the aromas are hiding this morning. I estimate the moon to be half full and on checking find it is just over that at 56% illuminated and tomorrow will be just under at 46%.

 

Alt Text offers the suggestion that this week’s image is: “A stuffed animal with lights around it.” I say this is the image that summed up how I felt when I completed the first part of my coaching qualification in December 2023. It was a definite shiny, sparkly tingle of the feelings of pride, excitement and joy. I choose to share the same photo now because I have recently successfully completed the whole of my coaching qualification and those feelings are with me once again!

 

This marks a key moment in my life. I was determined to use this academic year to study and take a new career path. It's been a personal journey as well as an academic one, and it has been one of the best journeys I have chosen to take. That makes it well worth noting and celebrating.

 

I like taking time to look back before looking forward, and looking back to last September shows me how far I have come. I have met so many good people and have much to celebrate.

 

I celebrate the excellent work and vision Jo and Zoe from In Good Company, UK. The content and facilitation of the course they have designed is excellent. I had high expectations, and these were definitely met. I celebrate the wonderful people in my cohort. There is so much support for one another in this group and I absolutely love that. I celebrate all those people who have shared coaching time and space with me during my pro bono hours.

 

I was thinking about all of this whilst listening to some of my favourite duets on a long drive this weekend. I often listen to a playlist of duets while driving because I know each song will resonate and sparkle in my brain, whilst also keeping me alert. It’s the kind of music I can inhabit and be surrounded by all at the same time. I love that feeling. For me there is connection and uplift in the listening. It’s that harmony when the voices complement one another so well. It’s the fact there is a beginning, middle and end to the whole story of each duet.

 

And the harmony that is there in duets is also there in the connections we make with people. It shines when lifting others up and when being lifted up by others.

 

This makes me think it’s time to extend my playlist of my favourite duets and a decent reminder to always let people know when you are grateful for the harmony they add to your life. If you’ve got a favourite duet, I would love to know, and then I can decide which part I might take on when I am driving in my car. I swear I can even hit the high notes when I am driving on some roads...

 

Two of my absolute favourites at the moment are:

Catch the Wind by Joan Baez and Mary Chapin Carpenter

For Good from Wicked


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singing as the Darkness Lifts 13/11/2023 (Episode 11)

  Singing as the darkness lifts 13/11/2023 PETRICHOR   Me and my brother on a farm holiday when we were little and me and my brother at Bletchley Park more recently.   I am a poet who does not like the smell of petrichor. Last night it rained enough to make puddles on the path, so the smell is not in the air. This pleases me. Instead there is a refreshing, just there, note of herb and I learn that fruit flies too are sensitive to that smell of rain on dry ground.   When I was at school one of the projects involved counting fruit flies. I do not remember the exact logistics, but think it had something to do with tabling the numbers with different markings on their rears. My turn one lunch time resulted in me wracking my brains for the knowledge I needed when I dropped the lid of the fruit fly housing and some of the numbers headed for the freedom of the laboratory ceiling. I didn’t let my group down, but I do think a fruit fly flew up my nose during the process.   Counting

'Sisters at the Snooker' (Episode 24)

Singing as the Darkness Lifts 19/02/2024 Episode 24 Podbean Link for those who like to listen This morning the air seems to smell of egg nog. Inquisitive, I sniff again. Later, I realise the scent is lifted from my body and is from my shower gel. I wonder how many scents are mingling around me. Alt Text for today’s photo tells us this is: “Two women taking a selfie”, but as me and my sister like to see it this is... “Sisters settling in for the semi-finals at the 2024 Welsh Open”. This was my first time at the snooker and I remember learning most of what I know about it from watching it at my granddad’s house when I was young. It was in black and white in those days and frequently viewed without sound, but I remember the joy of a 147 break and the peaceful way my grandad watched it. When we were walking to the venue, I said to Katie, “I’m really looking forward to seeing a 147.” And she replied, “That’s not gonna happen sis. It’s very, very rare. Although it wo

Is He Puffin or Is He Vulture? (Episode 39)

  Singing as the Darkness Lifts, Episode 39 Is He Puffin or Is He Vulture? PodBean Link for those who like to listen   This morning the smell of cut grass is in the air, slightly hayed by yesterday’s sunshine and today’s gentle misty drizzle.   This week’s photo had to be ‘Ronnie Jumping for Joy at The Great Orme’. Not just because I love that orme, not just because it is the picture for June on the #LookThere calendar, but because of the alt text suggestion I got when I was preparing to share it on social media to welcome in the new month. This alt text has to be one of my absolute favourites... “May be an image of puffin and vulture.” It made me laugh each time I thought of it and wondered which one of those Ronnie was! In this Word document alt text says it’s a stuffed animal in the air, which makes me love the alternative version that appeared the other day even more.   I love to find humour in things. I find it motivational and